Tuesday, May 08, 2007

counting sheep.

I moved again--it seems I'm always in between things when I sit down to write on this journal. Well, I moved accidentally, about a month ago to Jamaica Plain in Massachusetts. I say "accidentally" because I wasn't intending to settle in, but more just decided a few weeks stay in my home state would be nice for a little while. But quickly, all of the markings of a home began to materialize--kitchen supplies, coverlet, photos on the wall, yoga classes, a part-time job. Before I knew it, all I had to do was look around and see that I had unintentionally settled into a new (old) home. Funny how our subconscious can subtly lead us where we need to go. We run around like chickens with our heads cut off about what to do, but then all of sudden the dust sifts back down and we've made a decision without even having meant to. Silly, really.

So what does one do without the distractions of New York to entertain them? Sleep! And make new songs, and play music with old friends, and ride bicycles. And cook!!

But really, I'm writing to tell you about a show I have this week. I am in-between with music right now, and so I've enlisted the help of some friends to welcome the transition. I hope you'll come, because we're playing with some of my favorite musicians and I couldn't be more excited.

xox.casey


Friday, May 11 @ P.A.'s Lounge
345 Somerville Ave.
Somerville, MA

Ponies In The Surf
Casey Dienel (featuring the Flapjacks)
Michael Leviton
Scary Mansion

18+
Doors Open: 8:30PM
Ticket Price: $8for21+/$11for18-20

3 Comments:

Blogger Suugar said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

May 16, 2007 at 1:04 PM  
Blogger Suugar said...

I could give one of my fingers to go to this show. But, for a wonder, even if I cut one of them, I won't have money to go anyway.

And I'll prefer to have five fingers each hand if the options are: don't see you or don't see tou.

I'll still wishing the day I do.

Brasilian kisses for u, girl. ;D

May 16, 2007 at 2:22 PM  
Blogger Ludwig said...

jamaica plain is so much nicer than sommerville. good move, Ms.

felipe

May 20, 2007 at 4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home